Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Butter less Chocolate Cake


                                             
  
My younger son's b'day was in December & my in laws were visiting us. They don't take butter so I wanted to bake a cake which is eggless & butter less, along with super soft texture. Saw this recipe on veganbaking.net & tried it. Cake came out really well. I baked it in a Bundt pan & so my kids named it Doughnut Cake :)

Ingredients 
For Cake
1 1/4 cup plane flour (maida or APF) 
1 cup sugar 
⅓ cup cocoa powder 
3/4 tsp baking soda 
Pinch of salt 
1 cup warm water (milk/soy milk/coffee) 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
⅓ cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar 

For Glaze
2 tbsp dark chocolate 
1 tbsp heavy cream

For Cake
Preheat oven to 175 C. 
Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda & salt. Keep aside.
Mix together sugar, vanilla extract & vegetable oil.
Gradually add water & flour alternately & keep folding. 
Just before ending with flour, add vinegar & fold well.
Pour in the greased & dusted Bundt Pan & bake for 30 minutes. 
Cool on a cooling rack. 

For Glaze
Melt the cream on slow flame, taking care not to burn it.
Put the flame off & add chocolate to it & let it melt.

Pour the glaze onto cake & decorate with sprinklers.
Let it cool for an hour.

Tips
* I reduced the amount of baking soda from 1 tsp to 3/4 tsp.
* Instead of water I used milk in cake.
* Even without butter the glaze was shiny.
* You can use any shape of pan to bake this cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment